Aronson Merges with Aprio
ATLANTA/ROCKVILLE – November 1, 2022 – Aprio, LLP, a nationally recognized business advisory and CPA firm headquartered in Atlanta, announced today that Aronson, LLC will merge with the growing firm. Aronson’s 350 team members, including 42 partners, will join Aprio effective January 1, 2023. The combination of the two Top 100 firms marks both Aprio’s largest transaction to date and adds a physical Aprio office in the greater D.C. area.
“Both Aronson and Aprio’s missions are to invest in clients’ success by investing in our own, and this merger achieves just that, creating the complete client experience and expanding opportunities for our team,” said Aronson’s Managing Partner Larry Davis. “Through this strategic combination, we are gaining scale and depth but will continue to serve entrepreneur-led businesses. We will significantly grow our platform to help our clients in more areas.” Larry Davis will join Aprio as a Partner, as will newly-elected Managing Partner, Lexy Kessler, who will serve as Mid-Atlantic Regional Leader for the national firm.
“Aprio has had a fantastic working relationship as a referral partner to Aronson over the last decade which proves how well our 31 fundamentals and Aronson’s core values align,” said Richard Kopelman, CEO and Managing Partner at Aprio. “This year marks Aprio’s 70th anniversary and Aronson’s 60th – a historic year for both firms – and we’re thrilled to create and celebrate success with a likeminded firm as committed as Aprio is to being a top workplace and top CPA and advisory firm. Together, we will be creating exceptional experiences for our clients for the next 70 years and beyond.”
Aronson team members will serve key leadership roles in the combined firm.
- Azunna Anyanwu will serve as Chief Technology Officer.
- Alan Langelli will serve as the Mid-Atlantic Leader for Technology.
- Chavon Wilcox will lead the Construction and Real Estate segment.
- David Semendinger will serve as Mid-Atlantic Director of Audit.
- Jeff Gershen will co-lead the national Tax practice.
- Jim Fennel will lead the Government Contracting segment.
- Kate Petrillo will lead the Employee Benefit Plans segment.
- Nicole Mitchell will hold a new executive role as Chief Practice Officer.
- Rob Eby will lead the national Nonprofit segment.
- Thad Panik will serve as Chief Learning Officer.
With a larger national presence and over $325 million in combined revenue, this merger positions Aprio to elevate its position in the market and create impactful growth opportunities for team members. The strategic combination grows Aprio’s team to more than 1,400 across 15 offices and key markets across the U.S.
For more information about Aprio, visit www.aprio.com.