Vice President, Finance
Sanaria is a rapidly growing, diverse, inclusive, multi-cultural, biotechnology company at the cutting edge of vaccine innovation. We are passionate about our goal to eradicate malaria. Sanaria employees are exceptional scientifically, mission-driven, and play a variety of roles in research, product development, manufacturing, clinical trials, and support of these endeavors. We celebrate our diversity and offer a strong benefits package including company paid life and disability insurance, health plans with employee and dependent subsidy, and 401k plan with company match.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and Scientific Officer, the Vice President, Finance is responsible for the overall financial management of Sanaria and Protein Potential and has specific responsibilities as detailed below. This position will provide strategic financial leadership, sound financial management and controls, efficient and cost-effective financial operations, policies, procedures, processes to ensure strengthen financial performance.
The Vice President, Finance collaborates with and advises the Chief Executive and Scientific Officer to ensure the Companies maximize financial results and performance, budget accurately and are compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and all grant, contractual or other funding requirements, including DCAA, DFAS and similar protocols.
This position leads and manages the Accounting team and oversees all financial systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Financial Planning
- Prepares and manages of company financial plans
- Advises owners on key strategic financial initiatives.
- Develops department budgets.
- Manages cash flow, develops and updates financial projections.
- Prepares Company financial statements
- Prepares other key financial reports for Management, Board and other stakeholders as needed.
Banking, Audit and Compliance
- Develops and transmits compliance reporting for DFAS, DCAA, and other entities requiring compliance reporting etc.
- Serves as Company liaison for external auditors and coordinates audits internally.
- Guides Management in interpreting and addressing audit and compliance findings.
- Serves as bank liaison and is responsible for all bank reporting and compliance.
- Supervises the Accounting Team.
- Develops and evaluates the performance of accounting staff.
Technology and Vendor Management
- Oversees all financial management systems.
- Serves as liaison and key point of contact for outside accounting firm
- Serves as key contact for financial technology systems and vendors.
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. CPA or MBA with accounting/ financial management concentration preferred.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years accounting and financial management experience, with progressively responsible senior level experience in a small to mid-size biotechnology or pharmaceuticals company.
- Experience with for-profit government funding including competitive grants and contracts.
- Experience with strategic financial planning, budget projections and budget development, and development and maintenance of multiyear financial plans.
- Strong leadership and management skills with ability to delegate, train, coach and motivate staff.
- Experience with trend analysis, projections, variance, cash flows, balance sheet, payroll, auditing functions and grants management
- Experience overseeing financial compliance and risk management.
- Ability to link financial plans to achieving organizational objectives.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to employee at all levels of the organization, including non-finance managers.
- Experience successfully working with senior management to deliver strategic objectives.
- Hands-on financial manager with the ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Ability to balance attention to detail with big-picture thinking
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills, to develop effective long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong integrity, ethics and professionalism.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to careers(at)sanaria.com, subject line: “VP Finance.” Candidates must have long-term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Sanaria is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, see our website, www.sanaria.com.