Senior Commercial Solar Design Engineer
Senior Commercial Solar (PV) Design Engineer
Aurora Energy Inc. is seeking a Senior Commercial Solar (PV) Design Engineer to join our fast-growing company. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of commercial solar design and play a key technical role in the company.
- Design commercial and industrial PV systems using AutoCAD and deliver complete design packages for construction.
- Produce engineering calculations and interface with projects team
- Complete interconnection designs including three-line drawings
- Support sales efforts with preliminary design work in Aurora Solar and Helioscope
- Minimum three years of commercial and industrial PV system design
- 4-year college degree (engineering or science degree preferred, but not required)
- Strong knowledge with construction codes and standards
- Advanced AutoCAD user and experience with cloud-based design software such as Helioscope and Aurora Solar
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong attention-to-detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- PVsyst experience
- PE License
- NABCEP certification
Founded in 1994, Aurora Energy is a pioneer in the D.C. metro area solar industry and one of the most trusted solar engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the region. We have completed hundreds of projects for client such as the United Therapeutics and Fitzgerald Auto mall and focus on commercial rooftop, groundmount and carport installations.
We are in Columbia Maryland, which is consistently voted one of the best places to live in the US. Aurora Energy also offers the opportunity for partial remote work from such locations as D.C. or Northern Virginia. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Competitive Salary of $80,000 to $120,000
- Health Care (medical, dental, vision)
- Sick Days