Scientist/Sr. Scientist - Assay Development
Company Information: OriGene Technologies (Rockville, MD) is a biotech company commercializing millions of gene-related reagent tools for life science research. Recognized globally as one of the world’s largest sources for cDNA clones, recombinant proteins and antibodies, OriGene continues to drive innovation in CRISPR, assay development and in vitro diagnostic field. For more information, please visit our website: www.origene.com
Summary of Position
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative scientist to join in our immunology team in OriGene. The selected candidate will work within a fast-paced, interactive, and innovative research team and develop functional assay product lines for the measurement of protein, lipid and other biomarkers driven by the market and scientific requirements. This role has functional assay development responsibility as well as cross-functional responsibility in support of technical transfer and regulatory submissions in the future. This assay group is a new group and it will have many opportunities to grow and develop.
Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Design, develop and optimize quantitative in vitro assay, such as ELISA, Luminex, etc. for biological functional assay.
- Implement new assays, document experiment and procedure, performing data analysis and present report.
- Develop and optimize the SOPs, validation protocols, provide technical assistance and train other research associates as a leader
- Maintain strong understanding of state-of-art science and technology of development in biomedical industry.
- Collaborate with marketing team, technique support team to promote and deliver orders.
- Contribute to additional activities within the team and collaborate with other R&D teams as required.
- Perform tissue culture, protein expression and purification, cell line maintenance, western blot, flow tests related to the product or project.
- Routine maintenance scientific equipment.
Education & Experience
- The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience (industry experience in assay development preferred), knowledgeable in the basics of immunology, cell biology and have at minimum a Master’s degree plus 5-8 years of experience or a PhD/MD degree in biology, biochemistry or related life science field.
- The candidates must have hands-on experience in protein and antibody purification, especially in vitro assay development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized and collaborative individual with an ability to work in a fast paced work environment and to handle multiple projects
- Ability to independently analyze and interpret data and provide scientific approaches.
- Tissue culture, cell maintenance, transfection, protein expression and purification
- Protein or antibody validation, Western blot, flow cytometer, IF, etc.
- Basic molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA isolation, sequence analysis and PCR
- Strong communication skill and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and some analysis software
To apply for this role, please send your CV/Resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please Reference “Scientist/Sr. Scientist – Assay Development” in the Subject Line.