SCB - Program Administrative Assistant
Standards Coordinating Body (SCB) Overview
The Standards Coordinating Body for Gene, Cell, and Regenerative Medicines and Cell-Based Drug Discovery (SCB) brings together product developers, tools and service providers, professional societies, government entities, and academic centers with the intent to support standards development for regenerative medicine.
As an unbiased non-profit organization that connects the regenerative medicine community to the standards development process, SCB’s goal is to address stakeholders’ needs and support the advancement of standards that enhance the entire community and accelerate innovation.
The Program Administrative Assistant will be responsible for coordinating administrative support for all SCB projects and activities, supporting a variety of accounting tasks, as well as carrying out important operational duties.
As a collaborative environment is essential between the SCB Officers, Board and committee leadership for the success of the program, the Program Administrative Assistant will be expected to maintain and extend a positive working relationship with all of SCB’s key stakeholders and will frequently serve as the first point of contact and coordination. Reporting to the SCB Executive Director, the Program Administration Assistant assists in the performance of projects and activities of the SCB.
- Represent SCB is daily communications with stakeholders
- Coordinate activities of the SCB sectors and steering committees
- Maintain agendas and prepare meeting notes of internal activities
- Coordinate and support relevant meetings/events with agencies, industry and other stakeholders
- Coordinate activities with representatives of SCB’s key stakeholders
- Coordinate activities with representatives of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Build positive relations with the internal team and external stakeholders
- Manage a variety of accounting tasks, including travel expenses and reimbursements, bill paying and budget monitoring
- Work with Executive Committee to schedule quarterly Board meetings and provide logistical support (e.g., finding meeting venue, refreshments, AV support, plan post-meeting dinner for Board members)
- Point of contact for managing Contact Requests through SCB website
- Website maintainence (make content updates as needed, work with technical support to troubleshoot more complex updates or issues)
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution in a Business or accounting area preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Strong work ethic, intensive drive, and initiative for quality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must be comfortable working in a fluid environment and be a highly motivated self-starter who can contribute collaboratively right away
- Must share passion and commitment to the mission of SCB
Please respond to this solicitation to Dr. Peter Reczek at SCB for Regenerative Medicine, firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2019.