The Salesforce Developer will work with Technical/Solutions Architects and Business Analysts to translate business requirements into well‐architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform. Develop, test, document and maintain solutions, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation using Salesforce declarative or programmatic development resources such as triggers, workflows, validations, approvals, Apex classes, Visualforce pages and Lightning components. Execute test plans to ensure quality delivery using test code and unit tests. Follow coding standards and participate in code reviews during projects to ensure appropriate design patterns are followed.
Unique combination of strong business acumen and highly analytical with a deep technical background in Salesforce.com.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and deliver results with aggressive timelines.
- Able and willing to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are in a geographically dispersed locations, through conference calls, Skype, face-to-face.
- Ability to analyze and produce high quality technical documentation.
- Take initiative to recommend process improvements and demonstrate creative thinking.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to grasp concepts quickly.
- Demonstrate sharp, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Salesforce certification(s) .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy high quality business solutions on the Salesforce.com platform based on industry best practices and business needs.
- Manage the process of implementing improvements and new functionality in the Salesforce.com application.
- Deliver support and solutions for break/fix issues.
- Communicate and collaborate with other technical resources and stakeholders regarding status, technical issues, and creative solutions.
- Ability to support Salesforce Administration activities (create accounts/profiles, defining fields, updating layouts, reports, dashboards etc.)
- Ability to support Salesforce.com configuration tasks such as field/page updates, workflows, automated approvals.
- Handle numerous projects/priorities using proven project management methodologies and sound development practices to ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions.
- Monitor Salesforce.com usage for compliance.
- Maintain security for Salesforce.com data.
- Interface with business analysts and technical staff and be responsible for delivering complete work products.
- Implement App Exchange platforms.
- Research integration issues and work closely with team members on operations and development staff.
- Research and development of new Salesforce.com prototypes and applications.
- Research and keep current on force.com technologies.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of applications.
- Build client trust, establish client relationships, and communicate trends and future business needs to leadership.
- Participate and engage in all team meetings.
- Document best practices and operational procedures.
- Facilitate continuous improvement within the environment.
- The position requires the candidate to have an active, favorable adjudicated (SF-86) Background Investigation in JPAS in order to obtain a DoD issued Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must have at least 5+ years’ experience working in a technical environment.
- Must have 2+ years’ working experience in a Salesforce Developer position.
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce.com data structure with a solid understanding of how to leverage the tool to meet complex process and reporting requirements.
- Must have proven knowledge and practical application of Visualforce, APEX programming, Force.com APIs, and Web Services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are in a geographically dispersed environment (conference calls, Skype, face-to-face).
- Salesforce Developer certification(s).
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain an IA Baseline Certification within six (6) months of start date (this could be a CISSP, or Security+ Certification).
- Current work from home or remote Contractor location.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Short-term, long-term disability plan
- PTO time
- Sick Leaves
- Paid federal holidays
- EAP program