Research Scientist II
Job title: Research Scientist II
Job location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job type: Full-time position
Reports to: Vice President of Scientific Operations
Remedy Plan is a small cancer therapeutics start-up company focused on developing drugs that target cancer stem cells (see https://remedyplan.com/). We are developing a pipeline of drug candidates that disrupt the dangerous properties of cancer stem cells with the goal of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Remedy Plan is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and team-oriented scientist to join our Biology research group to contribute to our drug development efforts at all stages, from initial hit characterization and mechanism of action studies, to patient responses during clinical trials.
The main responsibilities of the Research Scientist II will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive the development and validation of new biochemical and cell-based assays for drug candidates
- Establish workflows to characterize molecular biomarkers for identification of patients for clinical trial enrollment through bioinformatic approaches
- Maintain understanding of novel technologies and scientific discoveries
- Create, implement and manage priority work plans and timelines
- Provide scientific assistance and/or guidance to other members of the team
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and results
- Participate in drafting of manuscripts for scientific journals and conferences, patent applications, and Investigational New Drug (IND) applications.
- Establish clear project goals, define effective strategies, and summarize/interpret analytical data for internal and external presentations.
- PhD or MD or MD/PhD in cancer biology, biochemistry or related discipline, with 7 -10 years research experience, preferably including 1 - 2 years industry experience in drug development
- Candidates must have hands-on experience in cell culture and in vitro assay techniques (protein-based assays, ELISA, qPCR, cell-based assays) and their applications in assessing molecular targets
- Bioinformatics experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated record of productivity evidenced by publications and/or patents
- Highly organized and collaborative individual with an ability to work in fast paced work environments
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidates with experience in IND enabling studies for clinical trials will be given priority
- Excitement for working with a small team in a start-up atmosphere; readiness to develop management and business skills as the company’s needs grow
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
How to apply: Submit your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com. On the subject line include "Research Scientist – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME".
Remedy Plan will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or parent status, protected veteran status, or disability status.