Research and Development Manager
Maccura Biotechnology Co. Ltd.(“the company”, http://www.maccura.com) , a biotechnical corporation specialized in in vitro diagnostic(“IVD”) technology and products, is seeking Research & Development (“R&D”) Manager to establish the US Research & Development Center(“US R&D Center”) and lead the company R&D activities in North America. The R&D Manager will report directly to the R&D Director of the company. The US R&D Center will be located in Rockville, Maryland.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager of Research and Development must demonstrate a complete understanding of the current climate of the in vitro diagnostic industry. The prospective candidate must have a firm grasp on the industry’s cutting-edge information, ability to identify new technologies, evaluation of their applicability, and propose solid suggestions for the company’s future production line layout. The R&D Manager will then coordinate and lead the research and development efforts to improve the company’s existing products as well as innovate and develop new products to drive sustained growth and success. Responsibilities of the R&D Manager may include but not limited to:
- Stay well informed of all foreign current technology and development in IVD and related areas. Initiate and foster close external relationships and partnerships with a host of different relevant organizations.
- Participate in the formulation of the company’s R&D strategy, the product development and enhancements. Recommend and facilitate strategic decisions by utilizing diverse knowledge of scientific research principles, practices and protocols.
- Create the R&D programs and project plans to select and bring in foreign innovative in vitro diagnostic products.
- Establish the Maccura Biotechnology US Research and Development Center; building up a highly efficient and effective R&D team and R&D process.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of Maccura Biotechnology US R&D Center’s methodology in solving technical and practical problems, navigating technical difficulties and requirements, performing risk analysis, and proposing effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Lead and guide the US R&D center’s preparation of all technical data and related documents, as well as all the oversea registrations required.
- Accountable for the management of the employees and workplace guidelines and adherences of the company’s US R&D Laboratory.
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments within the company.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the company as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or above in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, medicine or related fields.
- 6+ years of professional work experience in R&D in large diagnostic or pharmaceutical companies; 3+ years of experience in R&D team building and management; immune and molecular product R&D experience preferred.
- Extensive industry experience in R&D and project management in the in vitro diagnostic product research and development process. Familiar with the policies and regulations of in vitro diagnostic product research and development.
- Proficient in latest technical methods in the industry. Experience in successfully converting R&D products into product application, multiple successful cases of leading application to approval and/or product launching publicly.
- Fluent both in Chinese and English (speaking and in writing).
- Must be an excellent communicator, mentor, motivator, and team leader.
- Strong sense of responsibility, passion, organization, and teamwork; Ability to be flexible, innovative, work well under pressure, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
If interested, please send current resume with qualifications and detailed contact info to email@example.com. On subject line, please note: Application for the R&D Manager.
Thank you for your consideration!