Project Manager, Project & Alliance Management
Exciting opportunity for experienced Project Manager (PM) to join Adaptive Phage Therapeutics, Inc. (APT), a clinical-stage biotech company developing innovative bacteriophage therapies addressing the global crisis of antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections. The PM will lead/manage functional and cross-functional project teams working on development of candidate drugs and vaccines along with additional projects across a variety of business areas. The PM will collaborate with private business clients, functional managers, senior management, subcontractors, and government funding agencies to ensure integration of project, company, and functional department goals.
- Use communication, collaboration, influencing, technical, and leadership skills to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and close projects conducted internally or with external collaborators.
- Partner with internal (and when applicable, external collaborator) business & technical representatives to deliver project results in an efficient manner, fully meeting organizational and customer expectations.
- Develop, cultivate, and manage technical, business, and contractual relationships with vendors, consultants, private business, and government entities.
- Plan and manage projects within the established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting or surpassing standards of quality.
- Consistently seek out and promote innovative solutions or approaches to problem solving in a highly flexible and interactive manner as scientific data reveals new information or requirements evolve or change.
- Provide project management coaching for technical project staff and act as a project management resource for all employees.
- Work to continuously to develop project management competencies and deliver results across the company.
- Cross-functional team management only; there are no direct reports for this position.
- Project Management. Demonstrated strong project management skills and knowledge of project management principles including developing, managing, and communicating project and financial status. Demonstrated ability to drive projects forward and overcome obstacles with minimal supervision.
- Leadership. Demonstrated leadership capability and experience leading cross functional project teams along with development potential.
- Matrix Management: Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams without direct authority. Ability to foster collaborative partnerships with others.
- Problem Solving. Ability to understand and assess a wide variety of business issues while identifying innovative approaches and solutions to problems in a highly flexible and interactive manner as new information is revealed or requirements evolve or change.
- Interpersonal Skills and Communication. Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact with and build relationships at many levels of organizations to accomplish objectives. Ability to resolve conflict effectively.
- Flexibility. Ability to multitask, shift priorities and retain flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic virtual team environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in life sciences or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- 3+ years project management experience with PMP or other formal project management training desired.
- Working knowledge of biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes, quality systems, supply chain, finance, clinical development, marketing & sales, contracts, and analytical testing required.
- Fluency with regularly used Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint).
- Experience with government contracting desired.
Compensation: Salary is industry-standard and is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to HR@aphage.com