Program Manager - CARMA Cell Therapies
MaxCyte is a global clinical-stage cell-based therapies and life sciences company applying its proprietary cell engineering platform to deliver the advances of cell-based therapy to patients with high unmet medical needs. MaxCyte is developing novel CARMA(TM) therapies for its own pipeline, with its first drug candidate in a Phase I clinical trial. CARMA is MaxCyte’s mRNA-based proprietary therapeutic platform for autologous cell therapy for the treatment of solid cancers. In addition, through its life sciences business, MaxCyte leverages its Flow Electroporation(R) Technology to enable its biopharmaceutical partners to advance the development of innovative medicines, particularly in cell therapy. MaxCyte has placed its flow electroporation instruments worldwide, with all of the top ten global biopharmaceutical companies. The Company now has more than 70 partnered program licenses in cell therapy with more than 35 licensed for clinical use, including four announced commercial licenses covering potentially more than 30 products. With its robust delivery technology platform, MaxCyte helps its partners to unlock the full potential of their products.
For more information, visit www.maxcyte.com. Founded in 1999, MaxCyte is based in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The Program Manager supports all CARMA’s product and process development programs and associated communications, and provides program visibility and focus on the program goals, timelines, and key activities. Coordinates the activities and reporting of overall CARMA operations and business goals.
• Manages and conducts weekly CARMA Team meetings to ensure all issues, topics, needs of the Team members and timelines are addressed in real time. Sets and distributes meeting agendas and summaries, and tracks action items.
• Provides support to the CARMA Officers, including compiling reporting and materials for project risk management and informed decision-making and prioritization across the CARMA business
• Works closely with function leads/SMEs to implement all stages of CARMA projects, from non-clinical through licensure or partnering. Ensures the integration of Team SME functions and works to secure cross functional alignment and mitigate risks
• Develops and manages all product, process and program development timelines, Gantts, budgets, supporting documentation, and team meeting management tools. Works closely with Finance/Accounting to capture and monitor expenses and alerts Finance to the budget impact of all program decisions.
• Maintains alignment of product, process and program development activities with corporate strategies, milestone commitments to investors, potential partners, collaborators and the Board
• Assist the CARMA Team with prioritization of product development activities required by regulatory authorities, potential licensing partners, investors and Sr Officers
• Make recommendations to CARMA Sr Officers regarding improvements and adjustments to the team or other resources required to accomplish product development milestones
• Works under tight timelines with rapidly changing requirements
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline
• PMP certification
• Strong experience/understanding of cellular therapy drug development or oncology biologics development
• Strong leadership and management skills in biotech Product Development with at least 5 years of proven successful team leadership and empowerment
• At least 10 years of product development/project management experience through Phase 2 within biotech/pharma
• Proven track record of delivering product development milestones under tight timelines
• Robust understanding of product development at all levels
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Hands-on; driven to achieve creative and sound results
• Ability to travel up to 10% for domestic and international project activities
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference Program Manager in the subject line.