Process Development Scientist
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development, and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
The Process Development Scientist will be responsible taking the lead for Development projects in process development including (but not limited to) feasibility, comparability, process characterization and hold time studies. The position requires the utmost attention to detail, very strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and experience using a variety of laboratory instrumentation. In addition, effective communication skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced, highly technical environment with minimal supervision are essential for success.
The following are responsibilities related to the Process Development Scientist:
• Scientific team leader for development projects.
• Working with clients (or their designees) to learn, evaluate, optimize, and transfer development processes.
• Strong background and experience with cell-based cell processing (e.g., cell washing/concentration, magnetic selection, formulation, and fill, etc.) and instrumentation.
• General knowledge of assays such as flow cytometry, MLR and ELISA and other process evaluation tools.
• Study design, data/statistical analysis, reporting results in both written and oral format (presentation)
• Drafting of technical protocols and reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
• Assists with the implementation of quality improvement initiatives for PD laboratory operations
• Maintains laboratory supplies, media, and reagents inventory
• Assists the Tech Dev Team with maintaining proper overall operation of department (physical inventories, logs, documentation, filing, etc.)
• Adheres to procedures and practices to ensure data integrity and traceability
• Responsible for assisting with routine laboratory upkeep and organization
• Other duties as required
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Process Development Scientist position:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences or related field with a minimum of 4 years relevant laboratory experience.
•Previous experience working with aseptic techniques and culturing of mammalian cells and familiarity with cell culturing basics.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot as necessary
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.