Phage Hunting Internship
Exciting opportunity for undergraduate students to join the team at Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT) as internees in a phage hunting laboratory to support the growth of PhageBankTM, the world's largest and continuously growing phage library used to treat AMR bacterial infections by helping in the collection, isolation, and purification of novel bacteriophages from environmental samples. APT is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and was founded by an award-winning and highly respected emeritus NIH scientist.
- Prepares raw materials and/or equipment for laboratory processes.
- Performs processes for the isolation and basic characterization of phage by using approved standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Propagate and maintain the bacterial cell and bacteriophage lines.
- Adheres to the company Quality Management System (QMS) to maintain highly controlled research and development projects.
- Adheres to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Biological Safety Level-2 (BSL-2), and septic technique in all laboratory processes.
- Maintains a clean working environment including participation in regular laboratory cleaning schedule per established cleaning SOPs.
- Currently studying biology or related fields.
- Passionate to learn microbiology techniques.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Four-month time commitment
- Minimum of sixteen hours per week
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work for extended periods of time.
- Willing to work as a team player
To apply: Please email HR@aphage.com