Neuropsychologist urgently needed to work with Evon Medics
Evon Medics, LLC is a medical device and neuroscience research company that develops innovative devices, therapeutics and diagnostics set to disrupt the healthcare industry. We are leading the development of Disease Modifying Therapies (DMT) for Alzheimer’s Disease, Opioid Use Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, Chronic Pain, and other neurological diseases that have remained elusive to treatment. Our breakthrough therapeutic products have the potential to reap first-to-market benefits for a DMT in the markets we compete, and we are laser-focused on the commercialization and distribution of our products to help alleviate the sufferings of billions of patients all over the world.
Evon Medics, LLC, in collaboration with Howard University, is actively seeking a Neuropsychologist. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assessments and diagnoses of research patients suffering from neuropsychological problems. The Neuropsychologist's responsibilities include assessing, evaluating, and diagnosing, brain-based disorders (e.g., Alzheimer’s disease, traumatic brain injury, addictions, etc.), implementing new interventions and evaluating the effectiveness of these interventions on cognitive, emotional, and behavioral functioning.
Neuropsychologist candidate should have a thorough understanding of neuroscience, psychology, psychopathology, and research ethics. The candidate should also be dedicated, analytical, and detail oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching and experimenting to answer questions about the brain's structure and functions.
- Conducting experiments on brain functionality
- Assessing and evaluating the symptoms of brain injuries or abnormal brain functioning, such as strokes, Alzheimer's Disease, or dementia
- Devising experimental treatments for specific brain injuries
- Carrying out tests of mental faculties and overseeing or interpreting neuroimaging data
- Participating in conferences and seminars to keep abreast of recent developments in the field
- A master’s degree in Neuropsychology. A Ph.D. degree in Neuropsychology highly desired
- A license and certification to practice Neuropsychology
- Experience working on a research team conducting drug trials may be advantageous
- A strong ability to work in research and clinical contexts
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to remain focused on the task at hand
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong scientific writing skills
- Grant writing skills and experience with research regulatory process highly desired
- Travel – up to 10% regional
If you believe you have a strong candidacy for this role, kindly send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Neuropsychologist.” Also indicate your earliest start date, if considered for the role.
View the company website https://www.evonmedics.com and our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/evon-medics-llc for more information about us.