Manufacturing Technician I
Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT) is a clinical-stage biotech company developing innovative bacteriophage therapies addressing the global crisis of antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections. APT is looking for a Manufacturing Technician I to join our biopharmaceutical manufacturing team. The manufacturing team is responsible for amplifying and purifying bacteriophages to be used in a clinical setting.
• Perform processing procedures of bulk drug material according to APT’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Operate standard processing equipment such as but not limited to: peristaltic pumps, pipettes, tube welders, filtration systems, and liquid handlers.
• Prepare analytical lab reports or summaries as required within the necessary time frame.
• Perform in-house microbiological assays for manufactured material and/or clinical trial samples.
• Document all manufacturing activities clearly and accurately per cGMP, QMS, and regulatory requirements.
• Adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Biological Safety Level-2 (BSL-2), and aseptic technique in all Manufacturing/Laboratory processes.
• Perform daily manufacturing tasks per SOPs and Manufacturing Production Records.
• Follow recipes to prepare appropriate reagents for processing according to the approved for the manufacturing process.
• Perform all production activities in an aseptic, safe, and compliant manner.
• Routinely monitor manufacturing processes and recognizes potential process issues as they arise; proactively escalate identified issues to senior staff.
• Ensure continued flow of production activities by assessing item availability and obtaining pertinent material if low on stock.
• Must maintain a clean working environment including participation in regular laboratory cleaning schedule per established cleaning SOPs.
• Be comfortable learning new methodologies and skills rapidly while maintaining critical thinking to improve processes and documentation.
• Associates degree in a life science field or 1-2 year(s) experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Industry experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing is preferred.
• Will require scheduling flexibility to accommodate varying manufacturing schedules.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Outstanding organizational and technical communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Self-motivation, adaptability, positive attitude, and the ability to multitask while under pressure.
• Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
• Must be able to stand and work for extended periods of time.
Compensation: Salary is industry-standard and is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to HR@aphage.com