GMP Supply Chain Manager
GMP Supply Chain Manager
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Lead Department: Operations, Quality
Reports to: Dr. Kim Lee Sim, EVP, Process Development & Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position reports to the Executive VP, Process Development and Manufacturing, and works closely with the Sr. Director, Quality. The GMP Supply Chain Manager works cross-functionally with Sanaria’s quality, manufacturing and operations teams to understand Sanaria’s materials and supplies needs, develop sourcing strategies, conduct market research and competitive bids, and lead the vendor selection process, including price and payment terms negotiation, order consolidation, and reduction of complexity of purchasing arrangements. The GMP Supply Chain Manager works closely with the Controller/Grants Administrator to develop supplies and equipment budgets, monitor and control supply and equipment expenses and implement effective cost controls.
The GMP Supply Chain Manager develops and implements effective inventory management strategies, develops SOPs for inventory control, and manages the purchasing and warehouse staff. The Manager works with operations staff to ensure availability of supplies, reduce waste, use storage space effectively, and dispose of waste in accordance with all regulations and maintain environmental quality standards.
This position is responsible for ensuring quality standards of components used in manufacturing and testing of final products compliant to FDA and EMEA CGMP regulations. The GMP Supply Chain Manager manages the procurement, warehouse receiving and distribution team to ensure consistent and robust quality standards maintained throughout supply chain. The Manager must be proficient in CGMP FDA, EMEA regulations and proficient in USP, EP compendiums for excipients.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Supplies and Equipment Procurement
- Develop and ensure implementation of effective SOPs for procurement and inventory management.
- Develop programs and SOPs for supplier quality.
- Conduct market research, identify potential vendors/suppliers, develop RFPS in conjunction with Controller/Grants administrator and Quality/Manufacturing departments.
- Obtain and review competitive bids; lead supplier selection process.
- Negotiate pricing and payment terms with selected vendors; update pricing annually and negotiate to manage increases.
- Establish and maintain approved supplier list, including regular cost and performance reviews and updates.
- Establish and maintain quality agreement with suppliers, including regular compliance reviews.
- Maintain supplier/vendor relationships through regular communication.
- Oversee critical material change management and work with Sanaria Quality Team to investigate and assess final product impact.
- Establish audit schedule based on risk assessment of supplier and ensure audit compliance.
- Conduct audits of suppliers and CMOs; ensure compliance based on findings.
- Manage Sanaria’s material specification programs in coordination with Quality, Research and Development and Manufacturing Teams.
- Review and streamline SOPS for supplies and equipment requisitions.
- Supervise the Senior Procurement Manager to effectively develop and place supply and equipment orders.
Receiving and Inventory Management
- Review Sanaria’s receiving and inventory management SOPs and recommend changes.
- Implement new receiving and inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manage warehouse staff to execute SOPS efficiently and ensure effective and compliant execution of receiving, storage and inventory management processes.
- Review Sanaria’s requisition and distribution SOPs and recommend changes for efficiency, quality control and compliance.
- Manage Sanaria’s distribution staff to efficiently distribute supplies and equipment in compliance with all SOPs and quality standards.
- Oversee routine disposition of incoming components for GMP use
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business, biological sciences, biotechnology or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in procurement, logistics or supply chain management. Pharma, biotech or GMP experience required.
- Experience developing and monitoring budgets, developing RFPs and negotiating contracts.
- Strong analytical capabilities to evaluate deals and understand fair and optimal pricing structures.
- Experience supervising a small staff and developing a team approach.
- Experience working in fast-paced, entrepreneurial settings, in diverse, cross-functional teams, and reporting to multiple departments.
- Strong communications skills, orally, in writing and in presentations.
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency in CGMP FDA, EMEA regulations. Proficient in USP, EP compendiums for excipients.
- Flexibility to work extended schedules related to manufacturing, major project, facilities construction, etc.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to Careers@sanaria.com, subject line “GMP Supply Chain Manager.” Sanaria is an equal opportunity employer. We cannot sponsor visas for this position, so applicants must have long-term eligibility to work in the US without employer sponsorship.