Director of Product Development
Director of Product Development
We are an engineering and technology company providing product development, engineering services and prototyping in a broad range of industries. RPM Tech provides an exciting, technically challenging, and creative environment for motivated individuals. We are seeking an experienced leader to manage the development team, provide vision, define a strategic plan for the next 5 years and extend RPM Tech’s innovation lead. The position reports directly to the president of the company.
Summary of Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of the overall hardware development process and experience in one or more engineering functions (system, software, firmware, mechanical, electrical, product development and industrial design). Candidate should have experience in managing multi-disciplinary technical teams and interfacing with customers. Experience in IoT and wireless communications systems is desired.
Occasional travel may be required, dependent upon COVID-19 precautions.
- Support the strategic plan, convey the vision, and manage change to ensure company goals are achieved.
- Using deep and broad knowledge of multiple industries and technology advances, advise the CEO of potential business impacts of engineering decisions across multiple disciplines.
- Collaborate closely with customers to develop product definition, product roadmaps, and identify company goals.
- Manage and motivate multidisciplinary team.
- Establish and communicate individual and team goals and objectives.
- Define methodologies, tasks, activities, and clearly describe roles and responsibilities for personnel.
- Communicate broadly to ensure overall coordination for cross-functional teams.
- Support budget development.
- Participate on management team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a diverse cross-functional team.
- Experience working with clients.
- Strong skills in developing, deploying, and supporting product and/or integrated suite of products.
- Strong communication skills to interface with various levels of internal and external customers, including executive levels.
- Strong strategic management and planning skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Strong presentation skills to present ideas and solutions to individuals or groups at all internal and external customer levels.
- Ability to publicly represent RPM Tech with clients and others externally.
- Ability to translate understanding of client business and needs into product and services to maximize client investment in company.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and/or situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to switch between tasks quickly.
- Ability to anticipate problems, handle and resolve ambiguity and take decisive action with regard to the impact on both the client and the company.
- Ability to present ideas, goals, problems, outcomes and processes to be understood by a diverse audience.
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- BS in engineering or technical field with minimum of 15 years product development experience desirable. Candidates with significant development leadership experience, in lieu of a technical degree, may be considered.
- A minimum of 8 years managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in multiple industries.
This is an on-site position based in our Forest Hill, MD design headquarters. Primary job responsibilities require physical presence at the facility, occasional remote working permissible.
Benefits package available including medical with HSA, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 401k.
Please email your cover letter and resume to HR@RPM-Tech.com
RPM Tech is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.