Director, Corporate Partnerships (Life Sciences)
Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures (JHTV), the commercialization division of the university, is seeking an experienced business development professional to promote Johns Hopkins University (JHU) research expertise, with the goal of advancing transnational research through corporate collaborations. The position initiates and manages internal and external business development initiatives; relationships with industry representatives and research faculty; potential technology licensees; and large scale industry collaborations. This position focuses on our Life Sciences portfolio of research and collaborations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages large scale industry partnerships which includes a number of faculty projects. Manages ongoing relationships with the industry partners, including reporting milestones and other progress. Oversees day to day management of the needs of the faculty involved in the collaboration while acting as a front door for the industry partner into Hopkins. This will include facilitating new relationships for that partner as well as winding down projects that do not meet milestones and identifying new industry partners for those projects.
- Negotiates agreement terms, with advisement from the Office of Research Administration and other Johns Hopkins departments, as needed, to ensure acceptable terms that protect the Principal Investigators and the University.
- Trains faculty to present their inventions to potential investors. Provides state-of-the- art education and insights into current technology landscape for faculty in order to optimize successful commercialization of complex university inventions.
- Initiates and coordinates industry engagement including visits by industry representatives to JHU to meet with faculty inventors, senior staff, and Hopkins leadership, as well as organizing JHU leadership, faculty, and senior staff to visit industry partners to explore opportunities for future or expanded collaboration.
- Establishes and maintains strategic contacts in industry, with focus on pharmaceutical and biotech companies, Develops creative new methods for engaging industry partners. Contributes to industry contact database to be used by JHTV for push and pull marketing efforts and general communications.
- Implements an educational program for JHTV senior staff and Hopkins faculty about industry specific specialty funding programs with a focus on the life sciences. This requires in-depth understanding of entrepreneurial financing and the needs of business partners with the ability to follow and track changes over time. Coordinates with Alliance Managers to prepare and pitch specific JHU technologies that are in-line with industry funding programs. Develops a marketing strategy to communicate funding program deadlines to faculty and plan informational events about financing program opportunities for Johns Hopkins faculty and inventors. - Supports our technology transfer and venture creation (FastForward) teams on licensing and startup opportunities.
- Creates and maintains industry engagement reporting including, but not limited to, measurable accomplishments and budget projections through the use of university specific databases and resources.
- Supports the team's Senior Director on special projects.
For a complete listing and to apply, visit: https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Director-Corporate-Partnerships-MD-21205/677983500/