Monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems pertaining to IT infrastructure (desktops primarily). Participates in all aspects of help desk functions. Recommends and schedules hardware repair(s). Familiar with standard or common concepts, practices, and procedures within the IT field. Relies on proven experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Job Requirements)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides Tier 1- 2 help desk support in a 100+ user corporate computing environment that consists of Windows 10, Mac machines, iPad, iPhone, Tablets, Internet connectivity, Cable TV, Cloud storage, FAX, video conferencing setup etc. in a professional and timely manner.
- Responds to help desk requests via phone and online help desk system and follow-through on all assigned tickets to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Performs workstation maintenance, software installs, hardware upgrades, and creates/maintains image installs for various hardware platforms and configurations.
- Supports the end-users when needed in the usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
- Manage Mobile devices including iPhone, iPad and provide support for multiple emails mailbox setups, calendar setups. Manage various Wi-Fi setups, configurations and provide related support etc.
- Coordinates computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions
- Helps develop plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases.
- Regularly contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
- Apply expertise and possess knowledge of related disciplines.
- Conduct seminars and presentations on topics of interest to the Center for Information Technology (CIT) group
- Available 24/7 during weekends and off hours to handle emergency IT support situations.
- System/network administration in a Windows 10 environment.
- Virtualization Hyper-V etc.
- Working Knowledge of OSI and Microsoft protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, POP3, SMTP, WINS, NetBEUI, RAS, FTP, etc.).
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Office365, and exposure to various COTS software products (i.e. Adobe, Visio, Oracle, SQL, etc.)
- AWS and Azure cloud operations.
- Experience with Atlassian tools for Agile development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills, Critical and logical thinking, creative thinking.
- Follow through with commitments.
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Good Teamwork
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break. This position may require long hours and weekend work.
Locations: Rockville MD and Great Falls, VA
Travel is minimal and is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected for conference attendance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Information Technology or Computer Science or another related field
- Possession of Industry certifications
- MCSA, AWS/Azure Cloud certifications
- 2+ years of experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
It is the policy of CTIS to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran, or disabled status. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, demotion, termination, rates of pay, or participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity policy, the company will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, protected veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered as promotional opportunities arise.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.