Design Engineer (Junior Level)
Commercial Solar (PV) Design Engineer (Junior Level)
Aurora Energy Inc. is seeking a Commercial Solar (PV) Design Engineer to join our fast-growing company. In this role, you will be assisting our experienced design engineer in commercial solar design.
- Provide design assistance in creating commercial PV system permitting/construction drawings using AutoCAD (i.e., site plans, single- or three-line diagrams, elevation drawings, detail drawings)
- Assist in site feasibility studies and site surveying for PV layouts
- Perform simulations of solar energy production and analyze PV system performance
- Assist in creating and compiling information for sales proposals
- Create bills of materials for project installations and review quotes for equipment purchasing for accuracy
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in the solar industry
- Intermediate knowledge of construction codes and standards (i.e., NEC, NFPA 1)
- Experience with AutoCAD and other software tools (i.e., Helioscope, Aurora Solar)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention-to-detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Two years PV design experience
- Trained in AutoCAD at school or job site
Founded in 1994, Aurora Energy is a pioneer in the D.C. metro area solar industry and one of the most trusted solar engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the region. We have completed hundreds of projects for clients and focus on commercial rooftop, ground mount, and carport installations.
We are in Columbia Maryland, which is consistently voted one of the best places to live in the US. Aurora Energy also offers the opportunity for partial remote work from such locations as D.C. or Northern Virginia. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Competitive Salary of $50,000.00 to $70,000.00
- Health Care (medical, dental, vision)
- Sick Days