The Cloud System Administrator is part of a team providing a full range of cloud software engineering services, cloud application support services, system administration, cyber security services, cloud technical services, and supporting software to develop, field, maintain, secure, and accredit the government Information Architecture. This support requires working in single cloud, multiple cloud, hybrid cloud, and classified cloud environments.
- Provisioning and de-provisioning cloud accounts for internal customers.
- Working alongside the cloud software engineers and tenant application development teams to support transition and operation of client web sites/applications in and out of the system.
- Deploying, managing, and operating the cloud environments.
- Identifying appropriate use of cloud operational best practices.
- Estimating cloud costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Keeping technical documentation up to date.
- Creating (where appropriate) automation, to streamline provisioning and de-provisioning processes.
- Leading certain data/service migration projects.
- Performing software upgrades, kernel patching, and errata patches.
- Managing disaster recovery and create backups.
- Performing periodic security and vulnerability scans on the system at the direction of the Information Systems Security Officer or System Owner.
- Monitoring the availability of system resources and measure the extent of performance.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years providing cloud system administration support
- Designing, developing, evaluating, and modifying cloud systems and systems-oriented products.
- Designing and developing software cloud solutions.
- Supporting and developing software applications/operating systems.
- Participating in the testing process through test execution, test script development, test review, and analysis.
- Has knowledge of commonly used procedures within a cloud administration field.