Clinical Lab Technologist I-IV
About the Company:
Haystack Oncology is a precision medicine company based on over two decades of technology and clinical development in the field of liquid biopsy. The mission of Haystack Oncology is to develop and deliver to the clinic a best-in-class personalized cancer diagnostic to identify the maximal number of patients with residual, recurrent, and resistant disease that stand to benefit from proactive clinical interventions. Haystack Oncology's best-in-class MRD test delivers more sensitive earlier detection of lurking disease leading to better chances for cure and aims to benefit all patients with solid tumors.
Direct Link to Job Posting:
We are looking for talented and driven individuals who are interested in performing ground-breaking testing in a state-of-the-art sequencing lab. In this role, you’ll be responsible for performing high-complexity diagnostic testing at a highly regulated level which includes a variety of techniques and technologies using both manual and automated workflows.
This role has four levels (I, II, III, IV). The starting level for the position will depend on the number of years of relevant experience.
This position is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Follow the clinical laboratories’ procedures for the receipt, handling, and processing of specimens and proficiency testing materials.
- Maintain accurate records of quality control, maintenance, and relevant testing data for assigned workstations according to established procedures.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material and supplies in the laboratory for assigned workstations.
- Perform general laboratory housekeeping activities.
- Assist with qualifications for new equipment and computerized systems.
- Perform routine maintenance, qualification, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment.
- Work independently on procedures for which you are trained with little supervision at times. Use your time efficiently and prioritize daily workload.
- Assist with reviewing, revising and potentially authoring new standard operating procedures (SOPs), as needed.
- Assist with training new employees on laboratory processes and equipment maintenance.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science
- Years of Relevant Experience:
- Clinical Lab Technologist I: 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Clinical Lab Technologist II: 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Clinical Lab Technologist III: 4+ years of relevant experience
- Clinical Lab Technologist IV: 5+ years of relevant experience
- Note: A MS in a relevant field is equivalent to 1 year of experience
- Familiar with standard molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation, purification, and quantitation.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to work well with others and perform work both individually and in a team environment.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize work.
- Proficient in MS office products, windows OS.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications, or Technical Proficiencies:
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment with an established quality management system (CLIA, CAP, NYS, FDA).
- Experience with next-generation sequencing.
- Experience with automated liquid handling systems.
- Experience in a production laboratory setting processing large sample numbers.