Business Development Manager
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
The role of the Partnership Development Office (PDO) is to work with Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) staff to assist in building multi-disciplinary partnerships with academic, FFRDCs, industrial and private organizations. The goal of these collaborative agreements is to accelerate treatment for cancer and AIDS by bridging the gap between late discovery and early development of diagnostics and therapeutics, developing cross-cutting technology platforms, and developing data standards.
The Business Development Manager for the PDO will be a key resource, with the primary responsibility of managing and coordinating partnership development and implementation processes, client relationships, and partnership projects. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Development of business opportunities in the context of oversight and management of contractual mechanisms and processes for Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAS) and similar partnering agreements and mechanism
- Comprehensive project management oversight (monitoring and reporting) of partnership project objectives, deliverables, milestones, and contractual obligation to ensure the success of partnership projects
- Key liaison and relationship coordination between FNLCR, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and client organizations
- Understand, evaluate and market both FNLCR and NCI technologies
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in science or business related field from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the educational requirements a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible job related experience, including project management, business development, technology transfer and customer relations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance
- Master’s degree in Business, or Ph.D. in science or engineering preferred
- Knowledge of partnership management and business development acumen
- Business systems skills
- Familiarity with government business mechanisms
- Working knowledge of scientific principles related to the program, technology transfer, licensing, and intellectual property
To apply, visit our website.