Evon Medics, LLC is a medical device and neuroscience research company that develops innovative devices and therapeutics set to disrupt the healthcare industry. We are leading the development of Disease Modifying Therapies (DMT) for Alzheimer’s Disease, Opioid Use Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, Chronic Pain, and other neurological diseases that have remained elusive to treatment. Our breakthrough products have the potential to reap first-to-market benefits for a DMT in the markets we compete, and we are laser-focused on the commercialization and distribution of our products to help alleviate the sufferings of billions of patients all over the world.
Evon Medics, LLC is actively seeking a Biomedical Engineer to join our innovative organization. The ideal candidate will design biomedical devices, develop wearable sensors and other biomedical prototypes, and provide technical support for therapeutic devices developed in-house. Evon Medics is a rapidly growing medical device development company that focuses on sensory stimulation technology and brain stimulation for treatment of chronic neurological diseases. In this full-time position, the Biomedical Engineer will also conduct further research and development of current products, lead new product development, provide technical support for biomedical equipment and devices used in field trials, supervise technicians in product development and liaise with contract manufacturers during commercial grade product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design biomedical equipment, electrical circuits, sensors, devices, and software for diagnoses and treatment of medical problems
- Conduct processing, analysis (e.g., deep learning) and interpretation of biomedical signals and other data
- Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment
- Improve equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction, conferring with equipment users, developing modifications, and collaborating with manufacturers
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt.
- Approve new equipment by conducting tests, ensuring adherence to codes and making modifications.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment and devices
- Train clinicians and other personnel on the proper use of biomedical equipment and devices
- Research the engineering aspects of the biological systems of humans
- Prepare procedures, write technical reports, publish research papers, and make recommendations based on research findings
- Present research findings to scientists, nonscientist executives, clinicians, hospital management, engineers, other colleagues, and the public
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory)
Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline
Degree in electronics/biomedical technology, or equivalent desired
Expertise in software development for any medical device desired
Expertise in deep learning and machine learning highly desired
Experience/expertise in CAD (SolidWorks), Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, CNC Clinical Needs finding useful
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
Related Masters or Doctorate degree preferred
Members of IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society are highly encouraged to apply
Professional Licensed Engineer (P.E.) with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
Proven experience working within the field of biomedical engineering
Analytical and problem-solving skills
Meticulous attention to detail
Great eye for design and the technical ability to transform designs into products
Exceptional team-working and communication skills
We offer competitive salary and benefits package. If you believe you have a strong candidacy for this role, kindly send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Biomedical Engineer.” Also indicate your earliest start date, if considered for the role.