Analytical Development Operations (Temp)
At Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
The candidate will be responsible for Analytical Development's sample, data and inventory management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute day-to-day operations of Analytical Development's sample and data management system to support cross-functional teams ensuring a timely, effective and compliant operation
- Work cross-functionally with Analytical Development, Product Development, Formulation Development, Manufacturing, and Discovery to coordinate sample submissions; maintain and update schedule for sample receiving and testing timelines
- Receive and log in-coming samples into TSMS and review sample submission documents for accuracy
- Responsible for aliquotting of received samples and submitting samples to the testing groups
- Coordinate and manage sample shipments between Novavax facilities
- Perform data trending as needed
- Review and archive written records in accordance with department procedures
- Assist with the department's test record repository management
- Assist in the management of the department's inventory in accordance with department procedures
- Aliquot retains, ensure that retains are stored appropriately, pull samples as required, and maintain appropriate records
- Contribute to team building and problem-solving initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with 1-5 years of relevant work experience or Master's degree with 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Minimum 1-5 years' experience in a GMP or GLP laboratory, preferably related to pharmaceutical industry
- Prefer some background in analytical techniques such as RP-HPLC, CGE, SDS-PAGE, wet chemistry, immumo-assays (ELISA, SPR, etc) and molecular and cellular techniques (eg. qPCR)
- Must be experienced in reviewing written records
- Prefer some experience using databases
- Excellent communication skills and proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must have excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Candidate should have a good understanding of relevant regulatory/industry standards and requirements.
Novavax, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to delivering novel products to prevent a broad range of infectious diseases. Using innovative proprietary recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology, we produce vaccine candidates to efficiently and effectively respond to both known and emerging disease threats. Our vaccine candidates are genetically engineered three-dimensional nanostructures that incorporate recombinant proteins critical to disease pathogenesis.
Our product pipeline targets a variety of infectious diseases, with clinical vaccine candidates for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), seasonal influenza and Ebola virus (EBOV) and a preclinical program for a combination respiratory vaccine candidate, as well as other infectious disease vaccine candidates.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Rockville, Maryland and Uppsala, Sweden. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Link to apply: https://novavax.applicantpro.com/jobs/1077723.html
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.