Analytical Development Associate II (Molecular & Cellular Virology)
At Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
The Associate II will contribute to the development, optimization, and qualification of molecular, cellular and virological assays in a regulated environment. This role works with the team leads to support vaccine manufacturing process development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performance and GDP-compliant documentation in-process sample testing of vaccine products to support manufacturing process development
- Qualification of critical reagents in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Optimization and qualification of assays
- Instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Reagent, consumable and equipment inventory management, and related documentation
- Presentation of data within and across company functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's in biological science, biochemistry or biochemical engineering
- At least 2 years' experience in pharmaceutical, biologics, and/or vaccine development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Familiarity with GMP requirements associated with analytical testing of vaccine products.
Novavax, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to delivering novel products to prevent a broad range of infectious diseases. Using innovative proprietary recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology, we produce vaccine candidates to efficiently and effectively respond to both known and emerging disease threats. Our vaccine candidates are genetically engineered three-dimensional nanostructures that incorporate recombinant proteins critical to disease pathogenesis.
Our product pipeline targets a variety of infectious diseases, with clinical vaccine candidates for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), seasonal influenza and Ebola virus (EBOV) and a preclinical program for a combination respiratory vaccine candidate, as well as other infectious disease vaccine candidates.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Rockville, Maryland and Uppsala, Sweden. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Link to apply: https://novavax.applicantpro.com/jobs/1098439.html
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.