Agile Coach Openings
Eliassen Agile is seeking candidates with prior, proven agile coaching experience for consulting engagements around the Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland area for well-known agile transformations. Very senior level Scrum Masters may be considered for Team and Delivery Coaching engagements.
Consulting engagements can be expected to last between 6-36 months depending on circumstances.
Team and Delivery Coaches:
The primary goal of an Agile Team Coach is to educate people on how to work in an Agile way and how to “be Agile.” This applies primarily to individuals and teams.
The Agile Team Coach has these overall goals:
- Work with teams to be become effective and efficient in their use of Agile Practices and/or enable individual roles on the team
- Develop an effective Scrum Master who can perform their duties in accordance with Fannie Mae’s Best Practices beyond the period of Coaching.
- Cultivate a Product Owner that understands the role, its responsibilities, and mentor them to be effective in their role.
- Facilitate the creation of a self-organized, self-managed team that can identify and deliver the work that can be completed in a time-boxed Iteration.
- Train the team on Agile methodology and mindset, processes and controls and gradually disengage as the team demonstrates competence.
- Serves in a mentoring or coaching role and is not part of the scrum team
- Provides objective guidance, without personal or political considerations
- Bring creative, innovative ideas to increase the team’s agility.
- Works with the teams to customize their approach to optimize it for their specific work while staying true to the corporate agile guidelines
- Brings an advanced level knowledge for agile development practices in different organizations and environments
- Periodically check up on teams, help them stay on track with agile techniques, and fine-tune behavior as needed.
- Identify Agile people, process, and technology issues and communicate to project leadership and the Project Capabilities Office, as necessary, during the period of the coaching assignment.
To learn more, please contact Zach Hannon, Agile Recruiting Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-479-2857